Crawford County Weed Department:
Cost-shared spraying equipment is a service the Crawford County Weed Department provides. Crawford County has rented 300 gallon pasture sprayers for many years. The unit applies 20 gallons of water per acre and is rugged enough to withstand the rough terrain that noxious weeds normally inhabit. It has been a wonderful program for those landowners that have too much property to spray by hand, but not enough to warrant purchasing their own sprayer.
First come first served
For noxious weed control only
Usually available mid-week
Pull at 5 mph
Requires a 2” ball hitch
Self-contained motor and pump, No PTO required
300-gallon, 4-wheeled pull-type sprayer
32’ boom less swath
Full tank will cover 15 acres
Handgun with 50’ hose
Cost-shared rental rate
$40 per week day
$50 per weekend
No charge for weather related non-use
Crawford County rental sprayers are subsidized by county noxious weed funds for the purpose of controlling noxious weeds. Operators are asked to pay a nominal fee for the use of the sprayers. The following rules must be observed:
1. Operate equipment safely and follow label and application rules. Ask questions if needed.
2. Return the equipment as soon as you are done with it. Other landowners are waiting.
3. Be responsible for all damages to the equipment during your use. Please call if the sprayer
has a flat tire - we have spares.
4. Clean the outside of the sprayer before returning.
5. Use only approved herbicides and return sprayers empty. Dispose of rinse water properly
6. Do not adjust spray pressure regulators.
7. Keep road transport speed below 25 mph
8. Daily rate is $40.00. The rate for sprayers rented Friday and returned Monday
before 9:00 am will be $50:00. Daily rate charges will not be assessed on windy or
rainy (no spray) days. These no-spray days are assigned by the warehouse manager, if
needed, by 2:00 pm each day.